Overlord123 wrote at 2012-01-03 19:21:
Is it possible to create a RTS camera, like in Starcraft II etc?
objo wrote at 2012-01-03 19:55:
sorry, I have no experience with Starcraft or any other real time strategy games, so I don't know what is needed. Do you need camera translation by WASD keys?
can this link help (from irrlicht 3d)? http://www.irrlicht3d.org/wiki/index.php?n=Main.RTSCameraByCmdKewin
Overlord123 wrote at 2012-01-03 20:27:
Yeah, basically the feature set of the linked camera is what I need.
- No vertical translation
- Translates with WASD keys, (right mouse button and arrow keys)
- Translates with mouse movement on border screen. Left, Right, Up and Down
- Zooms with wheel (and right-left mouse buttons)
- Ability to recenter itself around a node
- define min and max zoom levels
- define boundaries for translation so it does not translate outside the map.
I put not so important stuff in brackets. Is this possible to realize with the Helix 3D Toolkit?
objo wrote at 2012-01-03 21:09:
This should be included in the 'walkaround' camera mode - I have not tested it after latest camera control refactorings, might need some updates...
Customer support service by UserEcho